If your carpets
are not so dirty that you give them to the carpet cleaning companies, then wash your carpets yourself to clean them. Here are the basics of carpet cleaning and washing at home:
1. Carpet washing requires space so if you have a good space and your rug dimensions are small, you can wash it at home with suitable water consumption.
but if your carpet is more than 6 squaremeters, give it to carpet cleaning company.
2. Before washing the carpet, remove the dust by shaking the carpet or by sweeping, but be careful not to damage the rug and woven fabrics while doing so.
3. Make sure your carpet colors are not spread across the rug because it can cause serious damage to the carpet or rug. To find out if your carpet dye is spread, draw a damp cloth or white cloth on the surface of the carpet. If the fabric is dyed, do not wash the rug yourself and give it to the skilled person.
4. Use a hard, sloping surface to let excess water leaves the rug.
5. To rinse the carpet the water temperature should be moderate and use lukewarm water.
6. Do not use alkaline detergent in rug cleaning and apply neutral acidity. Use handwashing powder, carpet shampoo, soap powder and dishwashing liquid to wash your rug.
7 After washing the carpet, let the water pass it.
8. To dry the carpet, put it out on its backside in the open air and away from sunlight.
9. Do not put your rug in the direct sunshine and do not hang it because it will damage the texture of the carpet.
10. Do not use heater or heating instruments to dry the carpets.
11. Do not pour water on the carpet roots, as this will cause the carpet roots to yellow.
12. After the carpet is dry, brush it gently with a brush to keep the designs in place.
How to use carpet shampoo
1 First use a vacuum cleaner with high suction to remove dust from the carpet piles, as the dust remaining in the rug will cause the carpet to become dirty.
2 Use soft-hair brushes to draw shampoo on the carpet, but do not use wire hair or tough hair brushes. Because this will damage your carpet.
3 Use lukewarm water to make a solution. because hot water damages the carpet texture and cold water does not have a cleaning power.
4 Choose the right shampoo for your carpet. The best options are shampoos which are not acidic and lacking ink.
5 Pour 1 liter of water and two cups of shampoo into a container and stir well to create foam.
6 Rub the carpet gently with a sponge.
7 If you use only the water of liquid you made before instead of shampoo foam, the carpet will not be cleaned, but instead the moisture reaches the carpet roots and the roots will rot over time. So use shampoo foam to clean your rug.
8 The foam of carpet shampoo clean the dirt and stain on the carpet piles. The stains will the disappear for half an hour, so you should not walk on the carpet.
9 Apply carpet shampoo from the top of the carpet so you don’t have to walk on the carpet.
10 After half an hour, rub a rough cloth on the carpet to make pile direction on its place, then sweep your rug in the direction of piles.